Tuesday, April 14, 2020

"BEN" And Other Projects

Some of you may know that I enjoy using my "Playstation 4" to play video games.  When I first bought the console, I wasn't really into posting videos of my gameplay; now, I do this frequently.  Among my various clips are videos of a little something I like to call the "Global Wrestling Federation"

Using "WWE 2K19" (and soon enough, "WWE 2K20"), I have created a simulated professional wrestling promotion.  My company (so to speak) includes many different personalities, shows, and championships, all of which have been created either by other gamers or myself.  It's a cool little world, and part of what I offer when showcasing my videos (see note below)

This leads me to an explanation of one of my other pastimes.  A while back, I happened upon a group of gamers concerned with fantasy television stations.  As I have always dreamt of having my own media network, I decided to give their game a shot.  Thus was born the "Boland Entertainment Network", or "BEN"

My network started out as simply a gaming-based project.  Nevertheless, "BEN" seems to have taken on a life of its own.  I have a good base of clips available for viewing, and plenty of ideas for other "programming options".  If you're a guy like me, you're always thinking about that kind of stuff.  I guess I'm kind of an "idea guy", but I digress. 

I am very surprised at how the "Boland Entertainment Network" has grown.  Once purely a name for my brand of "fantasy media", it has morphed into an actual source of video game based entertainment.  I guess it's somewhat true that "good things come in small packages"....you never know how you'll find the next big inspiration.  Perhaps one day I'll have something coming to "a television near you"!


Note: I must add that "GWF" is completely a work of fiction, and no copyright infringement is intended.  I'm not looking to challenge Vince McMahon or Cody Rhodes any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment