Thursday, February 4, 2021

Dreams And Visions (Of The Music Sort)

It has long been a personal trait of mine to "dream big and aim high", so to speak.  In my opinion, those who do not dream are doomed to an uneventful and boring life.  That has never been my reality.  Thus, I often have what some would call "pie-in-the-sky" visions for myself.  One of these has to do with music; more specifically, the recording of music.  

It seems to me that I have a pretty decent voice.  In the past, that voice has even been described as "excellent" by some of my peers.  This being the case, I have been enamored with the concept of recording a music album.  Even if that album was made "just for kicks", I think it would be great fun to sing on a record.  

And strange as it may sound, I have a certain dream of collaborating with Taylor Swift.  I regard the musician as one of the greatest pure talents in music today.  It would be my great honor to work with her, and witness her obvious creativity and great skill in action.  

On the seemingly one-in-a-million chance that idea this would ever come to fruition, I have the perfect prospective duet in mind.  

Back in ancient times (well, actually, 1986), Peter Cetera and Amy Grant teamed up one of my favorite songs; "The Next Time I Fall".  The tune spent twenty-one weeks on the Billboard music charts, and had a brief stay at number one (1).  

It's a pretty crazy thought, but I could easily see myself doing a cover of this song with Ms. Swift.  Perhaps I have a future in entertainment after all? I laugh, but...you never know.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to my voice exercises.  Ha ha.  

PS: On the off chance that Ms. Swift is reading this, have your people call my people (actually somewhat serious).  


Source:

1. "The Next Time I Fall". En.Wikipedia.Org, 2021, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Next_Time_I_Fall. Accessed 4 Feb 2021.











No comments:

Post a Comment