Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Random Thoughts

 And now, some random thoughts on random people.


  • Mindy Porten:

        Hearing about her death has broken my heart.  Mindy was one of my earliest and dearest female friends; I can still remember chasing after her in elementary school.  

        To some extent, I feel to blame for what happened.  Perhaps if I had kept in contact with Mindy, she wouldn't have come to such a tragic end.  That's a feeling that I have to deal with, I guess.  I haven't felt this sad since my father died, six years ago.  


  • Rob Maresca:

         Good friends are hard to find, and even harder to keep.  Robbie and I are polar opposites on basically every political issue known to man.  Nevertheless, we've somehow managed to not tear each other limb from limb, LOL.  "Mucho respecto" on that one, my man!


  • Courtney Claytor:

         Happy to see she's having success in the real estate business.  Personally speaking, my father worked with Courtney's grandmother for many years in that same industry; it's obvious the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.  Maybe I should've taken up the family business...oh well!


  • Julie Sherwood:

        Well, here we go again with "all the feels".  Julie helped to lift me out of one of the darkest times of my life.  And then, I fell totally in love with her.  I can't adequately express how much Julie means to me. 

         The unfortunate reality of being a man is that every now and then, you have to watch your dreams die..."and never breathe a word about your loss" (see Note 1).  That's the way life is, and that's the way that this has gone for me.  Even so, I'll never ever stop loving this woman.  


  • Beth Jastroch:

         Allow me to attempt a bit of "full disclosure" for a moment.  Years before I met Julie Sherwood, I fell pretty hard for Beth.  However, as sometimes happens in this life, we eventually grew apart.  

        Now, Julie is the love of my life, but this woman is also very special to me.  I don't exactly know what happened between us; perhaps I said something that I shouldn't have, making her upset.  If that is the case, then I sincerely and completely apologize for doing so.  I'm not one of those people who gets a rise out of getting on someone else's nerves; that's just not me.  

        Anyways, to make a long story short, my feelings for Beth are...how should I put this...very strong.  It's hard to love someone when you've already given your heart to another; somehow, I manage.  


  • Jacqueline Honulik:

         Maybe it's just me dreaming, but it looks like this woman's got it going on.  Pretty, talented, a good head on her shoulders (seemingly), AND a Mets fan? I know I've said this before, but "be still my heart"!

         Now, to quote former pro wrestler Lance Storm, "let me be serious for a moment".  

         It has come to my attention that a few years ago, Jackie hit the romantic jackpot (so to speak), but had the situation fall apart.  Honestly, that's kind of a downer for me.  A woman like her deserves to be happy, as far as love is concerned.  

         As far as heartbreak from failed relationships goes, "I've been around (that) block a time or two" (to paraphrase singer Don Henley) (see note 2).  You know the deal; "lucky in cards, unlucky in love".  

        To this, I've sort of thought that perhaps we could help each other out.  Maybe I could help heal her heart, and she could heal mine.  Then again, maybe I'm just having one of my pie-in-the-sky dreams.  

        Anyways, it is what it is.  Life's weird like that, isn't it?


Note 1: From the poem "If".  Rudyard Kipling, 1943.  

Note 2: From "The Last Worthless Evening".  Don Henley, 1989.  

No comments:

Post a Comment