Sunday, February 26, 2023

Fed Up (Or, "Another Broken Record")

Do I really have to say this? It's another turn for an already "broken record".  I am damn sick and tired of every right I have being violated.   


I have recently been told that:

  • I cannot peacefully speak my mind in public, or express any kind of critical opinion.  

  • I cannot make my own decisions.  Instead, the powers-that-be in Hartford will tell me what I am allowed to think.  

  • I'm not even allowed to seek redress of my grievances before meetings of government bodies, because "the topic isn't on the agenda".  (Um, is this a public meeting, or simply an echo chamber?)

And what recourse do I have? Virtually none at all.  When I try to talk to people in charge, the aforementioned "powers-that-be" ignore me, or give me some half-assed excuse why they think they're in the right:

Oh well, you can’t be disrespectful.  That creates a hostile environment.  You have to be positive, no matter what” (see note) (1)


Excuse me?

"Every citizen may freely speak, write and publish his sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that liberty" - Article I Section 4, Constitution of the State of Connecticut (2)

What do you not understand about that concept? It's not a fluff statement; it's the very bedrock of American society. It's FREE SPEECH, and it applies to EVERYONE.


I'm fed up with this....ridiculousness. I've had it up to here. Stop trying to dictate to me what I should and should not say. And stop telling me how to live my own life.

After all, I don't tell you how to live yours.


"(You) can't even run (your) own life, I'll be damned if (you'll) run mine"

-- "Sunshine", Jonathan Edwards (3)


Note: I have included the e-mail that this language came from in the sources below. However, for privacy reasons, I have opted not to link to the e-mail itself.



Sources:

1. E-Mail "Re: Recent Events". Digiacomo, Gina to Matt Boland, 25 Feb. 2023.

2. Article I Section 4, “Constitution of the State of Connecticut.” Connecticut General Assembly, Dec. 1965, www.cga.ct.gov/asp/content/constitutions/ctconstitution.htm. Accessed 26 Feb. 2023.

3. "Sunshine", Jonathan Edwards, 1971. 
3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment