Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Just An Introduction (To The Opposite Sketch)

I suppose I should briefly introduce myself....I'm Matt, aka "Matty" or "Matty B".  I hail from Fairfield Connecticut, a medium-sized suburb of New York City.  My hometown is known throughout the northeast as a haven for many creative minds, and for the beauty of our plant life.  And yes, "George Washington slept here", at a landmark known as the "Sun Tavern"!

For a moment, let me speak about my hobbies and creative pursuits.  I love music, especially rock and pop from the eighties and nineties.  Radio broadcasting is also a favorite hobby of mine.  I operate a small AM station that I call "Radio Free Connecticut".  This community-based type of station is known as a "Part 15" operation (the FCC has declared that stations of this type need not be licensed)...more on that later.

 I also love sports, gaming, civil debate, and professional wrestling.  Favorite sports teams include the New York Yankees, New York Mets, New York Rangers, and anything associated with Fairfield Warde High School (to coin a phrase, "feel the power of the MUSTANG STAMPEDE").  Sports-wise, I also root for UConn men's/women's basketball (go Huskies), and the Fairfield University Stags basketball teams.  Fairfield opponents take note; the "Red Sea" is in effect! "Go animal, or GO HOME"!

Having introduced myself, I should get back to bed; I need to get to the polls (for Election Day) in the morning.  Thanks for reading this first post, and to quote the late WNBC-TV announcer Don Pardo, "until next time....if there IS a next time" !

PS: +10 cool points to anyone who knows where the title of this post originated (hint: the phrase came from a 1980s Canadian TV show). 

No comments:

Post a Comment