Sunday, September 29, 2019

Birthday Thoughts

On this, my thirty-eighth birthday, I bid you greetings from the Constitution State of Connecticut.  Having just completed another orbit of the sun, I find it suitable to talk about my journey so far.  

My life has been filled with ups, downs, and occasions when I didn't know what direction I was going in.  I am fortunate that my gifts have been many, and my troubles few.  There are no words to describe how thankful I am to God for this.  He has indeed been good to me, having blessed me with great friends, an intelligent mind, and a wonderful family (including the two best parents that a guy like me could ever want).  

Returning to the original discussion, I find that over the years, I have not just grown, but matured.  At one time, I was a boy, and did many boyhood things.  Now, I am a man; I believe that my former boyhood life ended long ago, along with many of its thoughts and experiences.  This maturation was not without difficulty; I had to go through some very dark days to get where I am now.  Lo and behold, I have walked through the fire (so to speak), and survived the flames.  Even though my life is different than it was, I'm still here.  

Now, contrary to popular belief, I'm not always the most cheerful guy in the morning.  There are some days where I wake up feeling grumpy, depressed, or that I've awakened "on the wrong side of the bed".  Life is not the easiest thing to go through; then again, who ever said that it would be? WWE's Undertaker said it best; "sometimes it is hell trying to get to heaven".  Nevertheless, I have come to realize that I am lucky.  Some people go to bed at night, and never see another day; that is, they pass during the night.  I have been blessed to see another new morning, and a new dawn.  

"For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"  -- Jeremiah 29:11

PS: OK, OK, maybe only a "semi-intelligent" mind...LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment