Thursday, July 6, 2023

Travelogue: Lake George, Part 3

Waking up this morning in Lake George was a bit of an adventure.  Apparently, I had a nightmare during my sleep.  That'll teach me not to eat pizza as a midnight snack before bed!

After freshening up a bit, my brother and I headed down Canada Street to find some breakfast.  We pulled into an interesting looking place called "Biscotti Brothers"; a coffeehouse that also served traditional morning fare.  I couldn't get enough of their blueberry pancakes, which I washed down with two glasses of orange juice.  For his part, my brother quickly disassembled a cheese omelet.  


The weather in the area this week has been rather warm, but perfect for a dip into Lake George proper.  So of course, myself and my brother had to hit the beach.  It wasn't long before both of us were in the water.  

Speaking of the waters of Lake George, they are the cleanest, purest, and most crystal clear waters that I have ever been in.  I found myself saying a silent prayer of thanksgiving; "may these waters be clean and pure for generations to come".  


Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.  So too must this vacation; tonight is my final night in Lake George.  The trip did not disappoint in any way; I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed myself.  

They are wondrous and beautiful things to behold, these shores.  As expected, the Adirondacks have been a little bit of heaven on earth.  The mountain air and the cool temperature of the lake refreshed not only my body, but my mind and spirit.  


And that's really what making this trip was all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment