Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Encouraging Discussion And Discourse

This was supposed to be a big, long essay. However, I find that sometimes, simplicity is the name of the game.

"Anywho..."

...here's a novel concept for you to consider; a new idea is much like a plant. You see, in order for a plant to grow, it must first be rooted in fertile soil. So too must a worthy idea take root in the human mind.

To this, I believe that open and honest discussion is vital to the interests of quality education, not to mention a functioning society.


Nevertheless, and all too often, trying to talk about the important issues in Fairfield's educational system is an exercise in futility. Those in supervisory roles don't want to have frank discussions pertaining to relative concerns; at least, they seem quite unwilling to do so. 

I personally know that any attempt to speak with school officials results in one getting the run-around, or even the silent treatment.


Yet the arrival of new leadership in Town Hall represents a chance for beneficial changes, and a new, open approach to civil discussion (at least on educational issues).

It is my personal hope that this opportunity will not be taken for granted by educational officials at our schools. Let's make it a point to work with each other, not against one another.

4 comments:

  1. You are one of the most loud mouthed antagonistic people I have ever had the displeasure to hear speak. I have witnessed you hurl insults at people and then hide behind blocking them.

    You are only interested in this when it serves your own needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it...you don't like me. Big freakin' deal...haters gonna hate! And you're the one who talks about personal experiences with me, then hides under the name of "anonymous". Just thought I'd point that out.

      Delete
    2. BTW, if you really dislike me and what I have to say that much, then why are you visiting the site? Better to just ignore me. Anyways, I don't think I need to spend any more time on this subject. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    3. Because I don't have a Google account? What I dislike about Matty is that you hurl your bullshit on here and you cry about freedom of speech but the moment you get any push back, you delete and block. You are a hypocrite.

      Delete