Sunday, August 23, 2020

Quotes From Music

Just a few that I like, listed in random order.  Bear with me, there are a lot of them.  

  • "I've lost everything I had, but I'm not dead, at least not yet" -- Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Still Unbroken" (2009)
  • "Just like a boxer in a title fight, you got to walk in that ring all alone...don't forget your second wind" -- Billy Joel, "You're Only Human (Second Wind)" (1985)
  • "When you gonna learn, sucker? You just don't (bleep) with (me)" -- Kid Rock, "American Bad A**" (2000)
  • "Is that all you got? I'll take your best shot" -- P.O.D., "Boom" (2001)
  • "Love me or hate me, that is the question.  If you love me, then thank you...if you hate me, then (bleep) you" -- Lady Sovereign, "Love Me Or Hate Me" (2006)
  • "Sometimes, you just want to lay down and die.  That emotion can be so strong, but hold on...'til that ol' second wind comes along" --  Billy Joel, "You're Only Human (Second Wind)" (1985)
  • "When the one you love's in love with someone else, don't you know it's torture? I mean, it's a living hell" -- Rod Stewart, "My Heart Can't Tell You No" (1988)
  • "If you don't like me, just leave me alone" -- Unknown Irish folk song

  • "There are people in your life who've come and gone; they let you down, you know they hurt your pride.  You better put it all behind you baby, 'cause life goes on.  You keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside" -- Don Henley, "The Heart of the Matter" (1989)
  • "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need" -- The Rolling Stones, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (1969) (thank you Mr. Daley)
  • "It's amazing; in the blink of an eye, you finally see the light" -- Aerosmith, "Amazing" (1993)
  • "You have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk" -- Aerosmith, "Amazing"
  • "You know it's true, all things come back to you" -- Aerosmith, "Dream On" (1973)
  • "In a New York Minute, everything can change" -- Don Henley, "New York Minute" (1990)
  • "I can't make you love me if you don't" -- Bonnie Raitt, "I Can't Make You Love Me" (1991)
  • "I'm heavenly blessed, and worldly wise" -- Timbuk 3, "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades" (1986)
  • "I refuse to give in to my blues; that's not how it's gonna be" -- Go West, "King of Wishful Thinking" (1990)
  • "I can feel St. Elmo's Fire burning in me" -- John Parr, "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)" (1985)

No comments:

Post a Comment